The Ethiopian Red Cross Society Oromia Regional Branch Office was established in 1994 E.C. The Branch is the largest of the 11 branches. It is like all the others is governed by its regional board members. The branch renders its humanitarian and community based development initiatives guided by the fundamental principles of the movement through its 13 zonal branches, 50 Woreda and over 1,162 kebeles Red Cross Committees (grass root Red Cross Committees).
Currently ERCS Oromia Regional Branch undertakes its key activities in 13 zones including : East Shoa, West Harerge , Arsi West Arsi , West Shoa, South West Shoa, , East Shoa , West Welega , Illuababora , Jimma , Bale , Guji , and Borana. Moreover, the region also launched its activities at newly opened woreda branches of Sandafa and Galan in Finfinnee (Addis Ababa) Special Zone of Oromia Administration.
Located in Finfinnee (Addis Ababa) City in Nifas Silk Lafto Sub City( in the premises of the National HQ Essential Drug Program building near the Red Cross Training Center.
The branch is governed by board members at all levels and the Regional Board consists of seven members, while the zonal and woreda branches each have five board memebers.
· Ambulance Service,
· Essential Drug Program,
· Disaster Prevention and Response,
· First Aid Training and Service,
· Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) Program,
· Health Education and Promotion,
· HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control Program,
· Social Welfare (older care and Orphan and vulnerable children care & support),
· Resource Mobilization, Volunteers, Youth and Membership Development and Dissemination of Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
The regional branch has 1,574,748 members of which regular, 3,951 corporate members corporate, 208 are life members and 100 are family members.
The branch also has 10,396 volunteers.